Kali Linux – Origins Of Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Linux kernel operating system (distribution). Its basis is another distribution – Debian.
The Kali operating system is designed for advanced penetration testing and security auditing. Kali Linux is developed, funded and supported by Offensive Security, a leading information security training company.
If you’ve heard about BackTrack Linux, then Kali Linux is a continuation of this platform. The first release dates back to March 13, 2013. It is not just a new version of BackTrack.
But a completely redesigned distribution kit from which ineffective tools with duplicate functionality have been removed and new up-to-date programs have been added.
Currently, Kali Linux is actively developing. This applies both to the infrastructure of the project, the distribution kit, and in relation to “hacker” programs – they are constantly updated, new high-quality software packages are added.
Kali Linux is specifically tailored to the requirements of penetration testing and security audit professionals. Kali Linux has made several changes that reflect these needs.
Given the unique nature of Kali Linux, this distribution is NOT recommended unless you are new to Linux or looking for general-purpose desktop Linux for development, web design, games, etc.
By default, Kali Linux probably doesn’t have all that you need to get you started daily penetration testing with ease.
With a few tips, tricks and applications, we can quickly start using Kali. Most Linux distributions are very customizable. This makes personalizing your penetration testing a little more difficult.
How To Download Kali Linux:
Firstly, you have to download the Kali Linux Software from the following link:
How To Install Kali Linux In Windows:
- The next step is to burn the Kali Linus ISO to DVD.
- Now for the third step, you have to make sure that your computer or whatever device you are using is set to boot from CD/USB in your BIOS.
- First, choose a medium for installation to boot with. The Kali boot screen should appear.
- Second, select the live option. You will be booted to the Kali Linux default desktop.
- Third, to give your computer enough space for the Kali Linux Software, you have to launch a partition-editing application.
- Fourth, now that you have resized your window, make sure you select “apply all operation” on the hard disk.
- Fifth, exit your partition-editing application & reboot.
How To Install Kali Linux in Android
- Go to your phone’s play store & download Linux Deploy Application.
- Install the Linux Deploy Application, open it & click on the download icon.
- Go to properties & change the distribution to “Kali”.
- Set installation type & location on your android device.
- Hit install & the Kali Linux bootstrap will start from the Kali repository.
- When the installation is finished, the Linux deploy will automatically mount & load your Kali Linux root image.
- Note the IP address that is assigned to your device. You can use it to log in to your Kali account.
How To Install In Ubuntu
Firstly, we need to install Git, Python & Katoolin. Launch Katoolin & you will see various options from which you will choose the “Add Kali repositories & Update” option.
Click on this option & this will add the Kali Linux repositories to your Ubuntu system. Now type 1 and hit Enter. Then it will show the submenu. You have to type 1 again for “Add Kali Linux repositories”.
Type 2 to update repositories. By typing 3 and 4, you can remove repositories and view contents of “sources. list” file. Now type “back” to go the main menu.
Type “go home” and hit enter to go the Main Menu. In order to view all categories, type 2 from the main menu & it will list all the categories. If you want to install all the tools, type 0.
You can also use any number of your choice to install a particular tool. Through the process of installation, it will ask to restart services. You can select “yes” to continue.
To install a classic menu indicator, type 3 and hit enter. It will ask for confirmation, type “y” to confirm it and install. After the installation is completed, you will be able to see the menu.
If you want to install a Kali menu, type 4 and hit enter. It will ask for confirmation. Type “y” to confirm the installation.